A representative cross section of my completed web projects.
Established in 1998 in Sydney, Australia, STM Goods is an industry leader in the creation of laptop bags, packs, fitted cases, and other accessories.
STM Goods had built a substantial online business using Magento as their ecommerce platform. There were some limitations:
- A fully managed solution, Magento is expensive. Plans start at over $20,000 per year.
- Magento is difficult and expensive to customise, and limited in the ways in which it can be customised.
The Magento installation was migrated to WordPress. To preserve the look and feel, the templates were converted to a custom WordPress theme.
- The WordPress installation is Multisite. This allows for multiple freestanding stores, with their own domains, serving different territories. For consistency and ease of administration, all the sites share a common database, functionality, and templates.
- The WooCommerce plugin provides the core of the ecommerce functionality.
- Hosting is provided by WP Engine, a managed WordPress host. A customised plan with a dedicated server costs less than a third of the Magento counterpart, and provides as good or better performance and availability.
June BlueSpruce provides wellness coaching and shamanic healing, both via in-person counselling and group sessions.
The existing WordPress site was well established, and had several years' worth of well-trafficked blog posts. However:
- the design of the site was clunky and very dated;
- the design was not responsive, and so was providing a frustrating experience to the growing numbers of mobile users visiting the site.
A new custom WordPress theme was built from scratch:
- the new theme is fully responsive, and displays optimally on all commonly used devices: smartphones, tablets, and desktops;
- the theme incorporates elements from an original illustration by Linda Gisbrecht, including a new logo, all deployed to work optimally at all screen sizes;
- the updated site incorporates a number of performance tweaks: typical page load times are now less than 2 seconds.
myMDadvocate is a virtual consultation service for patients in Washington state, a new way to support health, focus on wellness, and manage illness.
MenopauseMenu is a community hub for all people to find physical and emotional support on the journey toward, into and beyond menopause.
The LGMD2i Research Fund aims to expedite the development of treatments and a cure for LGMD2I (Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy 2I) by supporting research projects and coordinating and managing the scientific process.
Ambre Lane is a psychotherapist specialising in caring for the emotional health of mothers and their babies.
A small and well-established engineering consulting firm with expertise in biotech, biomedical, health care and high tech facilities.
Centered around an online questionnaire (co-produced with David Eck) this site introduces the visitor the concept of Life/Work Motivators, an intriguing method of self-analysis, aimed at helping the respondent
find more meaning at work … and beyond.